Harper Community Park
The Harper Community Park relies on its members to assist the directors in the decision making process. Becoming a member of the HCPA gives you more than just a vote, it gives you a voice to express your thoughts, ideas, and vision of what you want your community park to be. Members in good standing receive voting privileges at the Annual meeting to elect the Nine Directors (2 votes per family membership and 1 per individual) and when any By-Law changes need to be made, there must be a vote held at the Annual or Special Community Meeting and it must pass by 2/3 of 25% of members present in good standing.
If you are not yet a member please click on the link to the right and get your membership form and dues sent in today.
It is our organization's policy to keep Member information at the privacy level indicated by each member upon written notice given on the Membership form at the beginning of each year. The HCPA will not give out any information to any entity that does not have permission to access said information. This information include names, phone numbers, email addresses, and home addresses. The following is a list of approved positions allowed to access member information in the course of carrying out their HCPA duties: Current Elected Board Officers, Committee Chairmen specific to the activity/event/service that a member has previously indicated they wish to be contacted for. Members may remove or add any information in writing at any time throughout the year by contacting the VP of Membership or Secretary.
The HCPA uses a group emailing system to distribute information, contact members, and organize member information. Individual member email addresses are to be used only for the purpose of carrying out official HCPA related business.
Why did you receive an email from us?
If you received a mailing from us, (a) your email address is either listed with us as someone who has expressly shared this address for the purpose of receiving information in the future ("opt-in"), or (b) otherwise have an existing relationship with us. We respect your time and attention by controlling the frequency of our mailings.
Sharing and Usage:
The HCPA will never share, sell, or rent individual personal information with anyone without your advance permission or unless ordered by a court of law. Information submitted to us is only available to elected Board positions or Board appointed Committee Chairmen managing this information for purposes of contacting you or sending you emails based on your request for information.
How can you stop receiving email from us?
Each email sent contains an easy, automated way for you to cease receiving email from us. If you wish to do this, simply follow the instructions in any email.
If you have received unwanted, unsolicited email sent via this system or purporting to be sent via this system, please forward a copy of that email with your comments to email@example.com for review.
Our Mission: To encourage, promote, support and conduct the physical/moral and general educational and recreational needs of the people of the community by acquiring, constructing and maintaining recreational facilities and a community hall.
1. To provide facilities that may be leased by clubs, individuals, and corporations as approved by the board. 3. To provide cost effective fund raising events and apply for grants that allow Park facilities and amenities to be maintained and added to.
1. To create and maintain a Park Membership complete with annual dues that entitle the member to voting privileges, and other benefits.
2. To hold an Annual Meeting of the Members of the Association to discuss the current needs of the Community in regards to the Park and elect the Park Board of Directors.
3. To appoint committees as needed for the proper functioning of the Association.
4. To Communicate Board and Park Events, Improvements & Activity regularly with Members through a variety of methods including the Park Website, Posting Flyers, Social Media (i.e. Facebook), mail, and emails.
5. To outline & clarify Rules and Information for use of Park Facilities for both Members and Non-Members, post Rules and Park usage/information signs around Park, and also have them available on Park Website.
Current, Future, & Proposed Projects:
Remodel/Construct New Hall Facilities
Shaded Playground Basketball Court
Community Garage Sale Events
Major Accomplishments of Past Park Directors & Volunteers: Since the Park's creation in1946, countless volunteer hours, fundraisers, and 49 years of the Harper Frontier Days Event have made it possible for the Harper Community to enjoy the use of the Community Hall & Covered Pavilion, Arena & Concession Stand, New Playground, Benches & Picnic Tables, Fishing, and many other amenities that have come and gone over the years. The Current Acting Park Board would like to continue those traditions that made the Park the asset that it still is today while taking into consideration the changing needs of the Community and the reality of running a non-profit volunteer organization today and in the future.